Adobo

Adobo has been cooked countless times on Filipino households, most of us will associate this as our
National Dish but its not official, I even have friends outside the Philippines who requests it every time they visit the country. Every house hold has different versions some adds ketchup some adds chiles some even mixed them all up, but nothing can beat our Mom's & Grandma's cookin' right? It's like nostalgia every time I taste a good cooked Adobo dish, brings me back to the childhood days.

They say that Adobo started way way back even before the Spaniards colonized the Philippines, Food historians say it is a way of preserving food by stewing using vinegar.

Anything that is cooked with soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper is highly classified as an Adobo but there are different types of Adobo Dishes ranging from Pork, Chicken, Seafood's & sometimes veggies depends on what your taste buds prefer.

 There are also different ways to cook Adobo, some prefer it with a thin sauce, thick sauce, dried sauce, some add veggies like potatoes, water spinach (kangkong), carrots, tofu, etc.. As I've said it depends on what your taste buds prefer and who you cook it for.

I think I am talking too much... lol My next post will be all about Adobo Dishes so stay tuned.

#adobo #adoboisheart

No comments:

Post a Comment