Vegetable Adobo

Ok...... I hate to do this because I'm a meat lover but let's not be selfish guys, some people just don't eat meat, but don't worry my non meat eating friends, this dish is for you.

Ingredients
  • 2 pcs Tofu
  • 2 Medium sized Carrot
  • 2 Medium sized Potato
  • 1 Stack of Water Spinach (kangkong)
  • 1/2 cup White Vinegar
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce (The measurement varies depends on how dark you want your Adobo to turn out)
  • 4 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
  • 1 Whole Medium Size Onion
  • 2 Tbsp of Black Pepper 
  • 2 pcs Bay Leaf
Process
  • Cube each tofu, carrot & potatoes in bite size pieces
  • Now this is important, fry the tofu, potato and carrot until they all have a brown crust. I suggest you do this separately for each ingredient because you don't want the other ingredients to be over cooked or raw, also it will help you if you add flour on your tofu but that is optional.
  • Saute garlic and onion, add the carrot and potato, saute them for about 5 mins.
  • add the vinegar, soy sauce & pepper. Bring to a boil.
  • now add the water spinach, make sure you chopped them evenly so they will cook evenly.
  • Cover for about 5 mins, add the tofu & bay leaf. Mix everything. Cover for another 5-10 mins until water spinach is cooked but not soft, you want some crunch on it.
I tell you this is very good, the 1st time I tried this dish I was very surprised about the taste it brings. I hope you can try it one time. Enjoy :)

#adobonggulay #vegetableadobo #pilipinoexpress

No comments:

Post a Comment